Saturday, August 30, 2008

Historic Nomination

How do you describe this? The magnitude of it; the sheer audacity of its possibility. This is unimaginable. This is beyond words. I'm speechless, I'm astounded. My tears flow freely. My heart, oh my heart, is about to burst with pride. I've never been more proud to be a black man in America. 

I look at my children and I now can see a bright future for them in this land I call home. I see a future of limitless potentials and unrestricted opportunities. I see an America in which they climb the greatest of heights...wherever and whenever...they choose. I see for them an America that'll look at
 them and judge them not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I see an America that'll listen to their message and not hear their accent.

Thank God Almighty that I'm here to witness this day!!!! God bless America!!!!!

1 comment:

Temi said...

A great feat indeed - a giant leap forward. America has come a long way since the days of Jim Crow. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed until November 4th.