Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Fundamentals of my Faith

I believe that Adam and Eve were real people, and when Adam sinned, that sin was passed on through human nature to everyone that was ever born on earth again. Because of that, we are all hopelessly lost without the free gift of salvation that Jesus gives to those who trust Him and believe that He died for us.

I believe that Jesus was, and is, and always will be God.

I believe that God manifests Himself in Three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, who became pregnant by a miracle of the Holy Spirit, never having slept with a man until He was born. Truly, He is the Son of God!

I believe that Jesus lived an absolutely perfect life, never breaking the Law that God himself handed down centuries early to Moses. Because of that, He was worthy of taking our place in the punishment we deserved. The Law of Moses required sacrifices to cover our sins, but Jesus was the perfect sacrifice, and the only one that could remove those sins forever.

I believe that Jesus died for our sins, rose again the third day, and ascended to Heaven, where He still is and always will be, literally advocating to God the Father on our behalf.

I believe that one day Jesus will return to Earth to set up His kingdom here. I believe that before that happens, He will take the Christians away to be with Him. This event is commonly known as the “rapture.”

I believe that an evil man will rise to power, commonly known as the anti-Christ, who will strive to rule the world after the rapture of the church, but will be defeated by the Son of God at His return.

I believe in a thousand years of peace when Jesus returns to rule the world, but after those thousand years a final battle occurs when Satan is loosed from the bottomless pit to deceive the nations one final time. I believe that Christ then gloriously defeats him, and sets up His eternal Kingdom, as the New Jerusalem descends to Earth.

I believe that Believers in Christ will live and reign with Him, during the one thousand years, then throughout eternity.

I believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, meaning that God has sent the Holy Spirit to dwell inside of those of us who follow Him.

I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

I believe that loving God is the greatest commandment, and therefore, not loving God is a sin.

I believe that loving your fellow man in the second greatest commandment, and therefore, not loving your fellow man is a sin.

I believe that the whole Bible is the inspired, completely accurate Word of God.

I believe that good solid spiritual teaching is a result of studying God’s Word, making sure the things you believe are supported by God’s Word, and asking God to help you understand it.

So the question to you is, "What do you believe?"

No comments: