Saturday, November 17, 2007

Charlene Cothran of Venus Magazine: Redeemed! 10 Ways to Get Out of the Gay Life, If You Want Out

Over the past 29 years of my life I have been an aggressive, creative and strategic supporter of gay and lesbian issues. I’ve organized and participated in countless marches and various lobbying efforts in the fight for equal treatment of gay men and lesbians. I have kept current on the issues and made financial contributions to those organizations doing work about which I was most passionate.

As the publisher of a 13 year old periodical which targets Black gays and lesbians, I have had the opportunity to publicly address thousands, influencing closeted people to ‘come out’ and stand up for them selves, which is particularly difficult in the African-American community.

But now, I must come out of the closet again. I have recently experienced the power of change that came over me once I completely surrendered to the teachings of Jesus Christ. As a believer of the word of God, I fully accept and have always known that same-sex relationships are not what God intended for us.

Read the full story here: http://www.venusmagazine.org/cover_story.html

4 comments:

simplynues said...

I wonder what she now tells the gays and leabians she has encouraged to come out of the closet prior to her conversion...

Akin said...

I'm sure she'll simply tell them she was wrong and that they need to turn to God for deliverance. Remember what Saul of Tarsus did to the early Christians before God met and changed him and his name to Paul. This again is a display of God's love, grace and mercy in the lives of the children of men. There is no one that God cannot touch or use for His glory.

simplynues said...

I was if she was a lesbian herself. I used to have some many lesbian friends in NY at one time because they liked to study and I liked to study and later other students started thinking I was gay. I made my position and beliefs clear to my gay friends and they respected that. But I was never one to dislike them for their actions or way of life. Was that wrong?

XtianDoctrine said...

Jesus died for us all - even while we were yet sinners. It is not of God to dislike a man/woman for his/her actions or way of life. We are supposed to love everyone. However we should not hesitate to point out -like Charlene Cothran is now doing - that homosexuality as a way of life is not compactible with the Word of God. It is a sin and a corruption of the soul. God never made anyone gay - He simply couldn't have. He couldn't have given a man the anatomy of a man and at the same give that man a desire for another man.